Managing and Moderating Emotions
In the long history of Asian healing, environment and emotion are considered the most significant factors in the cause of disease
Whenever an individual is confronted with a situation, they experience one of the five main emotions -- fear, anger, excitement, worry, and grief -- the mental emotion is translated to the body as a chemical messenger, which is neutralized by the protectorate meridians of the body.
These protectorate meridians are the body's first line of defense against damaging emotions as well as environmental factors."
Key Points - Acupuncture for Emotions
- Release repressed fear and encourage feelings of strength resolution.
- Reduce obsessive thought patterns and to relax mental tension.
- Relax nervous tension associated with worry.
- Reduce anxiety by strengthening the entire energetic and physical body.
- Lessen feelings of irritation and general 'uptightness.'
- Release repressed internalized anger.
- Activate the 'letting go' point used in grief or when the person has just experienced the loss
How Acupuncture Works for Emotions
Acupuncture, among the oldest healing practices in the world, is part of traditional Chinese medicine.
Acupuncture practitioners stimulate specific points on the body—most often by inserting thin needles through the skin.
In traditional Chinese medicine theory, this regulates the flow of qi (vital energy) along pathways known as meridians.
Emotions That Can Be Treated with Acupuncture
- Stage fright
- Obsessive compulsive feelings
If you have any questions please use the form on this page.
To make an appointment, please call us at 609-588-8655.